In view of its commitment to excellence in education, New River Community and Technical College maintains independent institutional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The accreditation process provides an opportunity for critical self-analysis to promote quality in programs and services.
Over the last two years, New River CTC has conducted an extensive institutional self-study and will host a comprehensive site visit from members of the Higher Learning Commission October 27-29. The team will assess whether the college's accreditation should be reaffirmed.
During September, a number of presentations have been scheduled to give New River employees and students and the general public insight into the findings of the self-study.
Lizabeth Rogers, self-study coordinator, and other members of the Accreditation Leadership Committee will present the information contained in the self-study and share plans for the upcoming site visit. The theme for the presentations will be "The New River Hawks Are Soaring with Accreditation."
The presentations are scheduled several times on each campus to make it convenient for as many people as possible to attend, while allowing for smaller audience groups so attendees will feel comfortable asking questions and making comments.
Advanced Technology Center
- Tuesday Sept 4, at 6 p.m (in conjunction with the Board of Governors meeting)
- Monday, Sept 22, 10-11:30 a.m. (Room T302)
- Wednesday, Sept. 24, 5-6:30 p.m. (Room T300)
Raleigh County Campus
- Friday, Sept. 5, 10-11:30 a.m. (Room C10)
- Monday, Sept. 8, 10-11:30 a.m. (Room C4)
- Wednesday, Sept. 10, 5-6:30 p.m. (Room C5)
- Friday, Sept. 12, 2-3:30 p.m. (Room C10)
- Monday, Sept. 22, 5-6:30 p.m. (Room A2)
- Wednesday, Sept. 24, 10-11:30 a.m. (Room C4)
Greenbrier Valley Campus
- Monday, Sept. 8, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 10, 10-11:30 p.m
- Friday, Sept. 26, 2-3:30 p.m
Mercer County Campus
- Monday, Sept. 15, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 10-11:30 a.m
- Nicholas County Campus
- Monday, Sept. 15, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 5-6:30 p.m.(Room N105)
- Friday, Sept. 19, 2-3:30 p.m. (Room N105).