Business and industry leaders serving southeastern West Virginia are in need of a highly skilled workforce. A job-specific career and technical education program can greatly improve your chance of getting a great job right away. New River Community and Technical College is committed to bridging the gap between the needs of business and industry and the citizens of our nine-county service area.
There are several advantages of choosing a career and technical program:
- Courses are highly focused in your field of study
- Programs are offered at an accelerated pace to help you gain technical skills quickly
- Industry experts are actively engaged in program development, which means you are better trained for your job
- You are well-prepared to enter the job market bcause you gain hands-on experience
New River has offered 40 Hour and 80 Hour Mining classes, Casino Table Games classes and Commercial Driver's License training programs. We work closely with the local Workforce Investment Boards to ensure our program offerings meet the needs of our service area.
Upcoming Course Offerings
Pintle Hook Class A CDL
|Ghent||$450*||15 Contact Hours||Continuous (Call to schedule)|
|CDL Passenger||Ghent||$450*||15 Contact Hours||Continuous (Call to schedule)|
|Class A CDL||Ghent||$4,500*||180 Contact Hours (industry standard required is 150 contact hours)||Various start dates (Call to schedule)|
|Welding Prep & Test (State WV Certification)||Ghent & Lewisburg||$150||Continuous 2 day class and exam (Call to schedule)|
|Welding Prep & Test (AWS Certification)||Ghent & Lewisburg||$375||Continuous 2 day class and exam (Call to schedule)|
|Intro to Heavy Equipment||Ghent||$395||Various start dates (Call to schedule)|
*additional fees may apply
Customized Training Programs for Business and Industry
The Center for Workforce Education recognizes the key to success in today's world hinges upon the ability to be flexible and to adapt to change. Individual employers and industry groups look to New River to help improve and maintain their competitive edge by identifying opportunities for bringing new technologies and skills into the workplace and by delivering customized training programs in response to their specific needs and challenges.
You will think of New River's Center for Workforce Education like a branch of your own training department because working with New River means having:
- Instructional specialists with many years of real-world experience who are ready to share valuable knowledge, which strengthens your organization's effectiveness
- Program content aligned with your organization's strategic goals
- Training when and where you want it - at your facility or on one of our campuses
- Custom-designed training programs that fulfill your needs
New River has provided customized training for numerous companies and agencies throughout southeastern West Virginia. Some of our clients include:
- Brooks Run Coal Company
- Greenbrier County Schools
- Monroe County Schools
- Mountain Heart Community Services
- Nicholas County Schools
Enhancing employee capabilities is a retention strategy that yields more stability and higher performance, improved reputation and a skilled workforce - all which favorably impact our sustainability. New River takes pride in offering training for your organization in a cost effective, efficient and convenient way to strengthen your workforce and keep your company on the leading edge.
For more information on Workforce Education, contact a member of the Workforce Education staff. We are here to serve you.
Gloria D. Kincaid